27 мая 2022 г.

The Train

This Is Us 6×17


Rebecca: My father always wanted to take me on a train like this. He'd say, "One day, we're gonna take a ride on a train where... people wear tuxedos and drink Vespers." I had no idea what a Vesper was, but I knew I wanted one.
William: A martini with gin, vodka and Lillet. Shaken, never stirred... James Bond.

Randall: Terrible. We're all just... waiting. Laughing. Eating Chinese. Is this even right?
Deja: I don't think there are any rules. For any of this.

Beth: I just wanted to say... so much of being a mom is about faking it, isn't it? We don't know what the hell we're doing. Not when they're young. Not when they're older. So we fake it. We imitate what we think a mom should be.

Beth: I just want to say... all these years, so many times when I was faking it... I was doing my best impression of you, Rebecca. I'll take him the rest of the way, Mama. Thank you for helping me with that... complicated, incredible, beautiful boy that you raised. But I got him now.

Randall: Old life, new life. It's so strange... The dichotomy, you know?
Beth: Not really. But I married you so I wouldn't have to learn all the big words.

Rebecca: I made so many mistakes...
Dr. Katowski: Well, I hate to break it to you, kiddo, but I have yet to meet the parent who says "I got it all right." No perfect games in parenting. Not even close.

Randall: I want to say the perfect thing to you, Mom, but, uh... I'm not sure what that is. I don't even know if you can hear me, but, uh... I love you, Mom. Uh, we're good now. You made us good. So, uh... thanks for all the meals. Thank you for always making us feel loved. Thank you for that one time you beat down David Adams for hitting me in the head with a baseball bat. I love you, Ma.

Rebecca: This is quite sad, isn't it? The end?
William: Oh, I don't know. The way I see it, if something makes you sad when it ends, it must have been pretty wonderful when it was happening.

William: Truth be told, I've always felt it a bit lazy to just think of the world as sad, because so much of it is. Because everything ends. Everything dies. But if you step back... If you step back and look at the whole picture... If you're brave enough to allow yourself the gift of a really wide perspective... ... If you do that... you'll see that the end is not sad, Rebecca. It's just the start of the next incredibly beautiful thing.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий