29 мая 2022 г.

Mr. King

Inside No. 9 7×2


Mr. Edwards: Bore da, dosbarth naw... Dyma'ch athro newydd Mr. Curtis ac mae'n mynd I'ch dysgu chi yn Saesneg. I was telling them you're going to be taking all your lessons in English, which is a very important skill for those adventurers amongst you who might be thinking about leaving the village in the future.

Alan Curtis: So, here's a question what's the difference between me and Pinocchio?.... I'm glad to be in Wales.

Mr. Edwards: Email... Is that the one with the little blue bird?
Alan Curtis: No, I think that's Twitter.
Mr. Edwards: That's right, yes, tash-tag. Email is the @ sign, isn't it? Yes, I think I've got a piece of paper with that on in my office.

Alan Curtis: Have you seen that Michael Jackson video? Not the one about licking boys' bottoms, the one where his hair caught fire. It very nearly disfigured him... even more.
Ceri: Who's Michael Jackson?

Alan Curtis: Something upsetting you?
Ceri: I don't want the world to end.
Alan Curtis: Well, it's not going to end. Who said it's going to end?
Ceri: The stinking rebellion.
Alan Curtis: Who?
Ceri: You asked us to read about it for homework.
Alan Curtis: You mean the climate change protesters?
Ceri: It frightened me.
Alan Curtis: Oh, you mustn't be frightened, Ceri. I mean, you should feel that emotion and then do something positive with it.

Alan Curtis: I don't know. Maybe she saw something inappropriate online, it happens all the time.
Mr. Edwards: Not with our Wi-Fi connection, it doesn't. It takes me all weekend to download one Countryfile.

Mr. Edwards: You and your fancy friends in London may pat yourselves on the back that you've finally woken up to environmental issues, but... we've been doing our bit for the planet for centuries now.

Mr. Edwards: Come, children. The King is dead. Long live the King.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий