16 сент. 2010 г.

Mad Men 2x4

Three Sundays

Season 2, Episode 4

& Peggy: Thank you for the ride, Father.
    Father John Gill: Peggy, wait... I want to ask you about something, and it's personal... you said you did presentations. Can I run some things past you?
    Peggy: I don't know what I could tell you. You must do this all the time.


& Peggy: I find that if I'm prepared and... and I have confidence in what I'm selling, that kills the butterflies.
    Father John: That's good. I'm prepared. Do you have any other tips?
    Peggy: Well... Pick somebody, and make eye contact with them. You'd think it would make you nervous, but it really focuses you. {...} I can only speak for myself, but the sermon* is the only part of Mass that's in English, and it's very hard to tell sometimes. Maybe be simpler? Give us a chance of understanding.


& Betty: First the Shenanigans with the washing machine, and now the record player. Don, you have to do something. He needs a spanking*. How else is he going to learn the difference between right and wrong?
    Don: That's not the way it works.
    Betty: You think you'd be the man you are today if your father didn't hit you?


& Sally 2 Joan: You have big ones. My mommy has big ones, too, and I'm going to have big ones when I grow up.


& Sally: Are you resting? Everybody's resting.
    Kinsey: No. I'm thinking.
    Sally: Let's have a conversation. Is that your maid?
    Kinsey: No. She's my girlfriend.
    Sally: Do you kiss her?
    Kinsey: Sometimes.
    Sally: Do you lay on top of her?


& Betty: You take no responsibility for anything that goes on in this house.
    Don: I pay the bills, put clothes on your back, your damn stables. Don't you dare.
    Betty: I'm here all day, alone with them, out numbered. {...} I'm here, and then you come home and get to be the hero.
    Don: You want me to bring home what I got at the office today? I'll put you through that window.


& Don: Bets, ... he's a little kid. My father beat the hell out of me. All it did was make me fantasize about the day I could murder him.
    Betty: I didn't know that.



-- Dict:
sermon — проповедь
spanking — трепка; взбучка


On Imdb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий