9 окт. 2009 г.

House M.D. 3x11

Words and Deeds

Season 3, Episode 11


* House: So maybe it's menopause.
   Cameron: He's 28 years old.
   Foreman: Yes, his age is the reason it's weird that a man has menopause.
   House: Male menopause. High estrogen, low testosterone. Explains the temperature swings, disorientation, endocrinologically similar to female menopause, but without the vaginas and the mahjong tiles.


* House: I'm sorry.
   You could throw a dart at all the adjectives between arrogant and unhinged, and I'm sure you'd hit one that describes me.
   There's a reason I operate that way. I live in pain. Pain that on good days is merely intolerable. And on bad ones will suck the life force right out of you.


* Reabilitaion group leader: How about you, Greg? Have you thought about how to fix things with people in your life?
   House: No need. The people in my life have no expectations of me. Makes all our lives easier.



* Reabilitaion clinic's guard: Time's up. Group's starting.
   House 2 Wilson: Gonna need to check that stuff. When I lead the big patient rebellion, Voldemort here is the first to go.


* Wilson: See this big fancy wing? It was built because this program works.
   House: Faulty logic. This big fancy wing exists because some people with money think that it works, wanna believe that they can buy a better world.
   This is nothing short of idealized despair. Let other people wallow in it.


* House: Am I really that pathetic?
   Cuddy: What are you talking about?
   House: If I had pitched electroshock therapy as a cure for broken heart syndrome any other time, you'd have dug in, made me try a hundred other useless things first. So either you're actually beginning to trust me or you just feel sorry for me.
   Cuddy: You presented a reasonable argument. You were clear-headed and non-impulsive about it. Never once used the word "moron." The rehab's working, House.


* House: I had no business blaming you for any of this. I know you were just trying to help me. Protect me. That's what friends do.
   Wilson: Is this an apology?
   House: Part of the program. If you don't like it, I can stop.
   Wilson: Not at all. It's just so unfamiliar. Please, keep going.


* Cameron: House. I just heard that you apologized to Wilson.
   House: Detoxing. I didn't know what I was saying. Excuse me. I have to go to jail.


* Wilson: Your buprenorphine.
   House: You get these from the pharmacy or from Voldemort?
   Wilson: Voldemort. Why? What difference does it... That's Vicodin. He's been slipping you Vicodin?
   House: No! He'd be risking his minimum-wage job to do that.
   Wilson: The whole time?
   House: My higher power said it was okay.
   Wilson: Nothing's changed?
   House: Nothing's changed.



--- Словарик:
unhinged — расстраивать; вносить беспорядок
wallow — валяться, кататься (в чём-л.); купаться (в лучах славы и т. п.); наслаждаться (чем-л.); погрязнуть, коснеть
dig in — вонзать; браться по-настоящему, приступать всерьёз


+ Еще quotes с Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий