11 сент. 2023 г.

A Life Well Lost

Outlander 7×1


Young Ian: Uncle Jamie?
Jamie Fraser: Let's go get my wife.

Sadie Ferguson: What ails you, Mistress?
Claire Fraser: I could not tell her what it was. Could not say that I knew just how long this war would last, that the courts would likely remain closed for years to come, and we would languish here without rescue.

Brianna Mackenzie: What do you even say to a preacher? "Break a leg" doesn't seem right. "God luck"?

Reverend McMillan: Could we offer you some comfort through the word of God? The future Reverend MacKenzie was at the Battle of Alamance.
Recruit: Doin' what, exactly? Carryin' the white flag of surrender? Bible verse ain't gonna help us. Knowin' how to wield a knife, use our fists, maybe. There's nothin' in your holy book about that. What advice can these devil-dodgers give us, eh?
Roger Mackenzie: ... "Float like a butterfly. Sting like a bee." And God will surely go with thee.
Wendigo Donner: Ali.
Roger Mackenzie: What did you just say?
Wendigo Donner: Muhammad Ali.

Claire Fraser: Are you taking all of these tonics at once, Mrs. Martin?
Mrs. Martin: One at breakfast, another after luncheon. When the fever comes on, I use the East Indian Chaulmoogra.
Claire Fraser: Perhaps we can find you something more suitable...
Mrs. Martin: What if it's the tertian ague?
Claire Fraser: It's not.
Mrs. Martin: Shouldn't you be letting my blood? There's a fleam and bowl over there. Unless...

Jamie Fraser: Tom. Is that a whisky in yer hand?
Tom Christie: I have wrestled with my demons. But it's you. It's always you. You are the answer to my prayer.

Tom Christie: I have yearned always for love, given and returned. I've spent my life in the attempt to give my love to those who are not worthy of it. Allow me this... to give my life for the sake of one who is.

Richard Brown: You're a good man. A moral man.
Jamie Fraser: I'm also a violent man.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий