21 сент. 2023 г.

The Happiest Place on Earth

Outlander 7×2


Claire Fraser: I just wish I could fix her. But I'm not a heart surgeon. But I-I could find a way... I did a cardiac rotation. I-I-I watched, I assisted. I can feel my fingers working. Small incision in the auxiliary vessel. A quick ligation of the ductus. A number eight silk... It's impossible. I don't have an operating theater and no nurses. And operating on an infant is...
Jamie Fraser: There is one thing we can do, Sassenach. I ken it may not be your first inclination, but I... I find it eases the mind.
Claire Fraser: Who are we praying to?
Jamie Fraser: St. Eligius. Patron of horsemen.
Claire Fraser: What does that got to do with a sick child?
Jamie Fraser: Hmm. Well, now, Sassenach, now, that is between me and the wee bairn. But, uh... I ken the saint will look after her... if we ask.

Lord William Ransom: I'm looking forward to engaging the enemy when the time comes.
Brianna Mackenzie: You know, a clever man once said, "The best way to defeat an enemy is to make him a friend."
Lord William Ransom: Have you had a lot of enemies?
Brianna Mackenzie: No. No, I-I just, uh...
Lord William Ransom: Sometimes the only way to settle things is with iron and blood.

Lord John Grey: We are, as you said, on opposing sides of history. Or at least, regrettably, on opposing sides of what I fear may be a lengthy conflict.
Jamie Fraser: Well, lengthy, perhaps. Regrettable, certainly.
Lord John Grey: In Parliament, they're saying that America is a son who has dishonored his father. And we must teach him a lesson.
Jamie Fraser: Well, there comes a time when every son must leave his father.

Brianna Mackenzie: They remind me of Disneyland.
Jamie Fraser: Aye? Where's that?
Brianna Mackenzie: It's this place where stories come to life. They say it's for children, but... really, it's for the child in everyone.

Jamie Fraser: What was it like there?
Brianna Mackenzie: Oh, it was magical. You'd hear music everywhere. Musicians playing horns and drums, marching up and down the streets... You could go up and shake hands with Mickey Mouse.
Jamie Fraser: What's that?
Brianna Mackenzie: It's this human-sized mouse with these big ears and gloves.
Jamie Fraser: What, a giant rat? They let the bairns play with it?
Brianna Mackenzie: No! It's not a rat. It's a mouse. But really, it's just a person dressed up like a mouse.

Brianna Mackenzie: When you're there, the real world disappears. Nothing bad can happen. They call it "the happiest place on Earth."

Jamie Fraser: For your sake, I will continue. Though for mine alone, I would not.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий