23 сент. 2023 г.

The Ball

Good Omens 2. Chapter 5


Furfur: Demons?
Shax: I want only the worst, I want the worst of the worst, I want killers.
Furfur: Mm-hmm... Right, so how many?
Shax: 10,000 demons.
Furfur: Sorry, I thought you said 10,000.

Crowley: Are you actually going through with this?
Aziraphale: Indeed, I am.
Crowley: Can I watch?

Crowley: You gave away a book!
Aziraphale: I had to. Maggie and Nina are depending on me. They just don't know it yet.

Shax: A thousand... blood-thirsty demons. We are in Hell! I have authorization from Beelzebub.
Furfur: You can have authorization from Satan himself love, if I don't have them I can't send them over.

Shax: Five hundred. There must be 500 foot soldiers.
Furfur: What they for?
Shax: Attacking a bookshop. Don't tell anybody, but we may be battling angels.
Furfur: ... I'll do you 100.
Shax: What's...
Furfur: It has just dropped to 70.

Aziraphale: Erm... Street Association meeting tonight at 6:30 in my shop, perfectly ordinary invitation with no hidden agenda of any kind.

Nina: You've been together long?
Crowley: Who?
Nina: You and your partner.
Crowley: Oh, no, no, it's not... it's not like that.
Nina: It certainly looks like that from here. Oh so you've just recently hooked up.
Crowley: No, we...
Nina: You got a husband? Or a boyfriend? Is the book selling your bit on the side?
Crowley: He's not my bit on the side. I'm far too pure of heart to be anybody's bit on the side. He's just an angel, I know.
Nina: If you say so. But then again, other people's love lives always seem so much more straightforward than our own.

Crowley: You've got an amnesiac Archangel hiding out in your bookshop. I spent last night worrying if he's going to wake up. What if he remembers who he is, what if he's faking it? He could smite me. When Gabriel smites you, you've been... Smited? Smut?
Aziraphale: Smitten.

Gabriel: Thank you. You're really nice.
Crowley: Don't thank me. And I'm not. Oh, nobody would believe you anyway.

Crowley: What are you planning?
Aziraphale: Wait and see.
Crowley: Wait and see?! Do you have any idea how irritating that is?

Crowley: What are you doing?
Aziraphale: I told you. Jane Austen. We're having a Ball.

Maggie: This is something new.
Nina: This is something completely bonkers. Why is everyone talking like they just came from Pride and Prejudice?
Maggie: Just getting into the spirit of things, I suppose.
Nina: Spirit of what things? This is meant to be the Shopkeepers Association monthly meeting.
Maggie: Oh, yes. Well, when you put it like that.

Shax: Surrender the Angel. Send out Gabriel. Nobody gets too badly hurt.

Gabriel: Hi. Listen. The Angel Gabriel is... apparently, me. But I'm also Jim, which is short for James, but also Gabriel.

Shax: Get back in there right now, this minute. And you tell that ass Aziraphale and that arch traitor Crowley that unless they send out the Angel Gabriel now, they are toast! T-O-S-T. E. Toast. Now!

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий