28 сент. 2023 г.

Singapore

Outlander 7×5


Brianna Mackenzie: I know Fort Ticonderoga; my father took me there.
Roger Mackenzie: Aye. We could always scour the history books, see if there's any mention of them.
Brianna Mackenzie: Not that one. Maybe it's better we don't know...

William Ransom: But say a crime were committed against your lovely sister, Mr. Hunter, or against your brother, Miss Hunter. You would hold fast to your principles?
Dr. Denzell Hunter: We rely upon God's judgment alone.
William Ransom: Or the willingness of others to commit violence for you.
Dr. Denzell Hunter: I think we shall have to agree to disagree on this matter. We Quakers cannot be shaken from our beliefs. We tremble only before God and His word.

Claire Fraser: It reminds me of the Battle of Singapore, though the other way around. In World War II, the British were stationed there, and General Percival had his guns aimed at the sea, convinced that the surrounding jungles were too dangerous and dense to penetrate.
Jamie Fraser: And he was proved to be wrong?
Claire Fraser: The Japanese cut their way through the jungles and attacked his defenses at the weakest point, by land. And seeing is believing. Of course, by that point, it was too late.

Jemmy Mackenzie: I... got in trouble at school.
Roger Mackenzie: What for?
Jemmy: Tommy Reid said me and Mama and Mandy were all gonna burn in hell as papists.
Roger Mackenzie: Well, you know what to say to that.
Jemmy Mackenzie: "I'll see ye there." And I did, only I said it in the Gaelic. Miss Glendenning didn't like that. She grabbed me by the ear and said, "In this classroom, we speak English." She shook me, Da. And I cursed at her, one of Grandda's curses. So she called the headmaster, and he made me hold out my hands and gave me three with the belt. Am I in trouble?

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий