24 сент. 2023 г.

Nothing Ever Changes Around Here

Lucifer 6×1


Lucifer: Yes, I wasn't paying enough attention to the road, and I apologize. I've got a lot on my mind. This is... my last night in LA.

Lucifer: I used to work for the LAPD... Crime-solving devil. It was great fun, but that's over now. Since the war... Fought against my brother and his host of angels for the throne of Heaven. It was all very biblical. ... I won, but not without having to fly to the Silver City to save my girlfriend, burn up, prove to myself I was worthy, stop burning and... Yeah, anyway, long story short, now I'm the Big Man. ... I still have to ascend to the Silver City and sit on the throne. I do that tomorrow.

Chloe: You know, magic for our last night?
Lucifer: Well, what could be more magical than magic?
Chloe: I don't know. Isn't magic just a little goofy?
Lucifer: Goofy? It's skill, cunning and deception without telling a lie. What's not to love?

Lucifer: Chloe, you are a truth-seeker. That's what made you a great detective. But me, I'm a wonder-seeker.
Chloe: You seek wonder?
Lucifer: Well, also drugs, debauchery and now certain extinct whiskeys but yes...

Linda: Yeah, well, it's not every day that my best friend and her girlfriend depart this mortal plane to rule Hell.

Linda: So, Eve, have you, um, ever actually been there?
Eve: Mnh-mnh, I have not. But what an amazing adventure, huh? From Heaven to Hell and everywhere in between.

Ella: You guys are absolutely adorbs. I really do miss you.юю Family business, I get it. You're in my prayers. For what that's worth.
Lucifer: What do you mean, for what that's worth? I thought that was worth a lot to you, Miss Lopez. Another crisis of faith?
Ella: Oh, no, that... that was so two years ago. I... I definitely still believe. It's just... Uh, okay, this might sound absolutely crazy, but lately, I've been praying a lot, and it feels like nobody's listening. Like the Big Guy's just not there or something-- I know. It's so dodo-headed. I mean, like, as if that could really happen, right? No way!

Ella: ... the killer is still in the building. Locked room mystery, you guys.

Carol Corbett: And up until recently, you consulted for the LAPD?
Lucifer: Mm-hmm.
Carol Corbett: You also claim that you're the Devil?
Lucifer: Was the Devil. God now. Well, nearly.

Amenadiel: I'm joining the police force!... I've been in the police academy for a while now, and it's, uh, going well.

Lucifer: When you said you didn't feel God's presence anymore... I mean, is that such a bad thing?
Ella: Uh, yeah, dude. I mean, being ever-present is God's whole thing. That's what makes the Big Guy the Big Guy. He's always there.
Lucifer: Right, but surely he can't be always there. I mean, doesn't God have personal matters to attend to? The odd round of golf or spending time with loved ones?..
Ella: That's the best part. He's not like you and me. We are all God's loved ones. And no matter what He's doing, the only thing, the only thing that God cares about is caring about us... It doesn't matter who you are or what you've done... He is there for everyone. Or at least, he's supposed to be.
Lucifer: Indeed.

Chloe: Can you please?
Lucifer: Ugh. When in Rome. Tell me, Duran Duran... what is it you truly desire?

Eve: I don't wanna go to Hell either. I just thought going home would make you happy.
Mazikeen: I don't need to go home to be happy. You're my Hell.

Lucifer: Once the detective, always the detective.

Chloe: You are worthy of your father's legacy.
Lucifer: This isn't so much an issue of worth. It's... more an issue of job description. God needs to be selfless. He needs to care about all of humanity.
Chloe: You... you died for me. What could be more selfless than that?
Lucifer: Well, you see, that's just it. I love you, Chloe Decker. I'd do anything for you. Except give you up. Give us up.

——
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий