24 сент. 2023 г.

Death Be Not Proud

Outlander 7×3


Claire Fraser: Well, it's not January.
Jamie Fraser: Aye. And we're no' dead. So much for our obituary...
Claire Fraser: Bloody newspapers. Never get anything right.

Roger Mackenzie: You and your mother... the 18th century's lucky to have survived you.
Brianna Mackenzie: Me? Why are you saying that?
Roger Mackenzie: 'Cause, Brianna, it was you. You caused a fire that they survived. A different fire. Look at the date. The fire from the obituary didn't happen. It couldn't happen. There was nothing left to burn.

Jamie Fraser: When ye're called to the aid of a dying man... why is it that you never say no? Ever? Though you ken the case is hopeless?
Claire Fraser: Because I can't... Because I... I cannot admit there is anything to do but go on.
Jamie Fraser: Nor will I.

Young Ian: She's lyin' in there. And I canna take it back or undo it. And yet... I keep lookin' for some way that I can. Somethin' I can do to make it right...
Claire Fraser: Are you breathing, Ian?
Young Ian: Aye. I think so.
Claire Fraser: That's all you have to do for now.

Claire Fraser: The guardian?
Jamie Fraser: Aye. The last person to lie in a graveyard becomes its guardian. Must stand and guard until the next person dies and comes to take their place. Only then can they rest.
Claire Fraser: What is a guardian of the graveyard guarding? And from whom?
Jamie Fraser: Vandals. Desecraters, charmers. Even the dead may need defending. Who better to do that than a ghost?

Jamie Fraser: "Death, be not proud... Though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, For thou art not so. Poor Death, one short sleep past, we wake eternally, and Death shall be no more. Death, thou shalt die."

Claire Fraser: Personally, I prefer Robert Frost. "Home is the place where when you have to go there, they have to take you in."
Young Ian: No wonder you're fond of her, Uncle. She must be a rare comfort to you.
Jamie Fraser: Yeah. She keeps takin' me in. So... I suppose you must be home.

Claire Fraser: You really do know the proper prayer for every occasion, don't you?
Jamie Fraser: There's always a prayer, a nighean, even if it's only, "A Dhia, cuidich mi." Oh, God, help me.

Claire Fraser: Jamie... you will always be enough.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий