26 сент. 2023 г.

A Most Uncomfortable Woman

Outlander 7×4


Brianna Mackenzie: We have a working kitchen. We have flushing toilets. We're living the 20th century dream.

Claire Fraser: ... But eat your apple as well. You are going to be on a ship for three months.
Jamie Fraser: If you say so, Sassenach.
Claire Fraser: I do say so. How many women do you know who are my age who still have all their own teeth?
Jamie Fraser: Mm, well, I admit you're very well preserved for such an old crone.

Claire Fraser: You want to fight?
Jamie Fraser: Aye... But not for the ideal of freedom or liberty. Not for the sake of being on the winning side. But for you. For Bri and the wee lad and lass. For our family. Because I canna ask anyone to fight in my place.
Claire Fraser: If that isn't an ideal, I don't know what is.

Jamie Fraser: I've lost so much. Nothing is guaranteed. Not home, not family, nor law, nor life itself. But I do ken we willna lose this war. At the very least, I can promise victory.

Tom Christie: Does, uh... does Mr. Fraser know? I did not tell him the reason for my confession.
Claire Fraser: You mean, does he know about your... gallant feelings towards me?
Tom Christie: Mm.
Claire Fraser: Yes, he does. He's sympathetic towards you, knowing from experience what it's like to... To love me, as it were.

Tom Christie: The Lord does answer prayer, you know?
Claire Fraser: What did you pray for?
Tom Christie: Oh, you are a most uncomfortable woman.

Rachel Hunter: At the last yearly meeting of the Society of Friends, we all prayed on the matter of politics. We were advised that peace lay in reconciliation with Mother England. But the Spirit moved my brother to speak in favor of independence.
Lord William Ransom: You mean a rebellion.
Rachel Hunter: I do not. Liberty is a gift from God. Denny said we must endeavor to preserve it.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий