6 июн. 2010 г.

Shutter Island

& Dr. Jeremiah Naehring: Men like you are my specialty, you know?
    Ted: Now that's a hell of an assumption to make.
    Naehring: No assumption. No, not at all. You misunderstand me. I said you are men of violence. I'm not accusing you of being violent men. That's quite different. {...}
    Ted: For all you know, we were both paper pushers over there.
    Naehring: No, you were not. Since the schoolyard, neither of you has ever walked away from a physical conflict. No, no, not because you enjoy it, but because retreat isn't something you consider an option.
    Chuck: We weren't raised* to run, Doc.
    Naehring: Ah! Yes. "Raised." And who raised you, Marshal?
    Ted: Me? Wolves.


(Mahler, Quartet for Piano and Strings in A minor: part 1, part 2)

& Ted: They're experimenting on people here.
    Chuck: I don't know, boss. How do you believe a crazy guy?
    Ted: That's the beauty of it, isn't it? Crazy people, they're the perfect subjects. They talk, nobody listens.


& George: Everything you were up to. Your whole plan. This is a game. All of this is for you. You're not investigating anything. You're a fucking rat in a maze.
    Ted: Georgie... George, you're wrong. You're wrong.
    George: Oh, really? Been alone much since you got here?
    Ted: I've been with my partner. He's a U.S. Marshal. He's...
    George: You never worked with him before, have you?
    Ted: George, look, I know people. I trust this man.
    George: Then they've already won.


& Ted: You're Rachel Solando.
    Rachel Solando: The real one. {...} You think I'm crazy.
    Ted: No. No, no, I never...
    Rachel Solando: And if I say I'm not crazy? Well, that hardly helps, does it? That's the Kafkaesque genius of it. People tell the world you're crazy, and all your protests to the contrary just confirm what they're saying.
    Ted: I'm not following you. I'm sorry.
    Rachel Solando: Once you're declared insane, then anything you do is called part of that insanity. Reasonable protests are denial. Valid fears, paranoia.
    Ted: Survival instincts are defense mechanisms.
    Rachel Solando: You're smarter than you look, Marshal. That's probably not a good thing.

& Rachel Solando: Do you know how pain enters the body, Marshal? Do you?
    Ted: Depends on where you're hurt?
    Rachel Solando: No, it has nothing to do with the flesh. The brain controls pain. The brain controls fear, empathy, sleep, hunger, anger. Everything. What if you could control it?


& Warden: Did you enjoy God's latest gift?
    Ted: What?
    Warden: God's gift. The violence. When I came downstairs in my home and I saw that tree in my living room, it reached out for me like a divine hand. God loves violence.
    Ted: I hadn't noticed.
    Warden: Sure you have. Why else would there be so much of it? It's in us. It's what we are. We wage war, we burn sacrifices, and pillage* and plunder* and tear at the flesh of our brothers. And why? Because God gave us violence to wage in his honor.
    Ted: I thought God gave us moral order.
    Warden: There's no moral order as pure as this storm. There's no moral order at all. There's just this, can my violence conquer yours? {...} If the constraints of society were lifted, and I was all that stood between you and a meal, you would crack my skull with a rock and eat my meaty parts. Wouldn't you?
    Ted: {...} You don't know me.
    Warden: Oh, but I do. We've known each other for centuries. If I was to sink my teeth into your eye right now, would you be able to stop me before I blinded you?
    Ted: Give it a try.
    Warden: That's the spirit!


& Dr. Jeremiah Naehring: Did you know that the word "trauma" comes from the Greek for "wound"? And what is the German word for "dream"? Traum. Ein Traum. Wounds can create monsters, and you... You are wounded, Marshal. And wouldn't you agree, when you see a monster, you must stop it?


& Ted: So what's our next move?
    Dr. Sheehan: You tell me.
    Ted: We gotta get off this rock, Chuck. Get back to the mainland. Whatever the hell's going on here, it's bad. Don't worry, partner, they're not gonna catch us.
    Dr. Sheehan: That's right. We're too smart for them.


& Ted: You know, this place makes me wonder...
    Dr. Sheehan: Yeah, what's that, boss?
    Ted: Which would be worse, to live as a monster or to die as a good man?



-- Dict:
Shutter — Жалюзи; Ставень
raised — поднимать; взвести; выводить; будить
pillage — грабить
plunder — грабить; завладевать чужим имуществом путем насилия или обмана


Целых 8/10 на Imdb (~ 80.000 голосов по состоянию на 6/6/10) против 6.6 помодиров.


! Страшно. Красиво.

! Leonardo DiCaprio и другие.


-- Комбинированные съемки. Как-то уж сильно они заметны и бросаются в глаза на Shutter Island.

Shutter Island

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий