9 янв. 2010 г.

House M.D. 4x09

Games

Season 4, Episode 9


* House: Interesting.
   Wilson: Why would you use that word?
   House: Because I'm interested. When I'm interested, I describe the things that make me interested as interesting.
   Wilson: Most people would say good, possibly great. Why aren't you able to just enjoy...
   House: Why aren't other people able to just be interested?


* Amber Volakis: I have 17 points?
   House: I started you all out on 100. Then you blew up part of the building.


* Chase: How's the new us's final case going?
   Foreman: It's a moving target. House keeps moving it, so I can't find it. {...} Taub is in there prepping the patient for a biopsy. Stay close to Taub, or stay close to House?
   Chase: And stay close to the game?
   Foreman: I'm trying to stop the game.
   Chase: That's your role in the game.


* House: Why are you afraid to lose?
   Amber: Are you gonna fire me because I like to win? {...} I watched this football game once, and I noticed something odd. The winning team was the happy one. I did the math.
   House: Our patient's happy.
   Amber: He's an idiot.
   House: He's a happy idiot. That screws with your worldview. There's something freeing about being a loser, isn't there?




Завязка:
* House: Dr. Cuddy, the face that launched a thousand long faces. {...} I want to keep all four.
   Cuddy: You can have two.
   House: You don't get negotiation, do you? I say four, You say three, we finally settle on three and a half. Which would be good news for Taub.
   Cuddy: You don't want four. You don't want three. But if i say three, you get to keep playing your game.
   House: Who would you pick?
   Cuddy: Are you asking my opinion?
   House: If you have any absolute truths, that would be even better.
   Cuddy: You never want my advice. You spend your life trying to avoid my advice.
   House: You're a bureaucratic nightmare, you're a chronic pain in the ass, and you're a second-rate doctor at best.
   Cuddy: Am I blushing?
   House: But you do... Know this stuff.


* House: You have three choices in this life. Be good, get good, or give up. You've gone for column "D." Why? ... Simple answer is if you don't try, you can't fail.


* House: A little mood music, build the suspense.
   Kutner: Sounds more folky.
   House: You seriously have no idea when to shut up, do you?

Это хорошо (включая голос Хауза/Лори, увольняющего девчонок):



* House: Amber, please stand.
   Amber: You didn't call me bitch. Is that bad?
   House: You played the game better than anybody else here, but for the wrong reasons.
   Amber: Reasons don't matter. Results are the only thing...
   House: You were wrong. {...} If you're gonna work for me, you have to be willing to be wrong, willing to lose. Because you just did. You're fired.


* Amber: We can't all be right.
   House: You're all wrong. My mom always said that two wrongs don't make a right. She never said anything about four wrongs. I always found that suspicious.


... и развязка:
* Cuddy: What the hell did you do?
   House: You told me to hire Kutner and Taub.
   Cuddy: Because I knew you wouldn't.
   House: Oops.
   Cuddy: I can't let you hire two men.
   House: Now, that is sexist. {...}
   Cuddy: Hire a woman, too.
   House: Hire two women.
   Cuddy: You can have the one that gives a crap about people.
   House: They both do.
   Cuddy: Right. Hire Thirteen. ... This was your plan all along!
Well, at least the games are over.
   House: How long have you known me?
та-да!


--- Словарик:
redeeming — искупающий, компенсирующий, возмещающий


+ Еще quotes на Imdb.


~ Амбер всё-таки будет не хватать. Она вносила определенное напряжение (нервозность? соревнование?) в игру...

Ж8-О Не для слабонервных!! (As House says: This guy's amazing. There's not one redeeming note.)


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий