20 янв. 2010 г.

The Big Bang Theory 2x18

The Work Song Nanocluster

Season 2, Episode 18


* Penny: So, what do you think? I mean, this could be a business, right?
   Sheldon: How many of these can you make a day?
   Penny: About 20.
   Sheldon: And how much profit do you make per... Penny Blossom?
   Penny: I don't know, like, 50 cents. I'm not sure.
   Sheldon: Of course you're not. All right... Ten dollars a day times five days a week times 52 weeks a year is $2,600.
   Penny: That's all?
   Sheldon: Before taxes.


* Sheldon: But, if you took advantage of modn marketing techniques, and you optimized your manufacturing process, you might be able to make this a viable business.
   Penny: And you know about that stuff?
   Sheldon: Penny... I'm a physicist. I have a working knowledge of the entire universe and everything it contains.
   Penny: Who's Radiohead?
   Sheldon: .................. I have a working knowledge of the important things in the universe. Good luck.



* Penny: Sheldon, hold on. Could you maybe show me how to make more money with this?
   Sheldon: Of course I could.
   Penny: Sheldon, wait! Will you?
   Sheldon: Just to be clear here, you're asking for my assistance.
   Penny: Yes.
   Sheldon: And you understand that will involve me telling you what to do?
   Penny: I understand.
   Sheldon: And you're not allowed to be sarcastic or snide to me while I'm doing so.
   Penny: Okay.
   Sheldon: Good. Let's begin with the premise that everything you've done up to this point is wrong.


* Howard: Uh, I've seen this before.
   Leonard: Where?
   Howard: It's a common stripper problem. They dance, they sweat, they clump.
   Leonard: Are you thinking about adding a desiccant like calcium sulfate?
   Howard: Actually, I'm thinking about this one stripper named Vega. But sure, calcium sulfate could work.


* Leonard: I'm still tweaking things a little bit, but this will give you the general idea of the Web site. So, what do you guys think?
   Raj 2 Howard: [Shoo-shoo-shoo.]
   Howard: Uh, pretty much any way I say that is going to hurt his feelings.
   Leonard: Okay,what's wrong with it?
   Sheldon: What's wrong with it?
   Leonard: Not you. I wasn't asking you. Penny?
   Penny: Uh, well, it's a little juvenile. I mean, it kind of looks like the MySpace page of a 13-year-old girl.
   Leonard: No, it doesn't.


* Sheldon: Perhaps we could expand our market.
   Penny: How are flower barrettes going to appeal to men?
   Howard: We add Bluetooth!
   Sheldon: Brilliant. Men love Bluetooth.
   Penny: Wait a minute, wait a minute, you want to make a hair barrette with Bluetooth?
   Sheldon: Penny, everything is better with Bluetooth.


* Howard: Oh, stop with the fake third world crap. Your father's a gynecologist. And you had a house full of servants.
   Raj: We only had four servants. And two of them were children.


* Howard: Oh, God, we're never gonna finish in time.
   Raj: Who made Sheldon the boss anyway?
   Sheldon: I believe I'm hearing some negativity on the factory floor.
   Penny: So?
   Sheldon: Penny, the labor force is a living organism that must be carefully nurtured. Any counterproductive grumbling must be skillfully headed off by management. Observe. Less talk, more work!
   Penny: Nicely done.
   Sheldon: Thank you. You hear any union talk, you let me know.


* Sheldon: I don't drink coffee.
   Penny: Come on, but if you don't stay awake we'll never finish in time.
   Sheldon: I'm sorry, coffee's out of the question. When I moved to
California, I promised my mother that I wouldn't start doing drugs.


* Howard: 1,000 friggin' Penny Blossoms.
   Penny: I just want you guys to know I am really grateful for your help. And for ever dollar I make, I'm going to give you 20 cents.
   Howard: That's your entire profit margin.
   Penny: Then never mind.


--- Словарик:
Blossom — цветок
viable — жизнеспособный; практически осуществимый
snide — злобный, язвительный
nurtured — воспитывать; обучать; лелеять


+ Еще quotes на Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий