29 янв. 2010 г.

The Big Bang Theory 2x23

The Monopolar Expedition

Season 2, Episode 23


* Sheldon: Oh, boy.
   Leonard: What?
   Sheldon: I can't comment without violating our agreement that I don't criticize your work.
   Leonard: Then what was "Oh, boy"?
   Sheldon: Great restraint on my part.
   Leonard: There's nothing wrong with the science here.
   Sheldon: Perhaps you mean a different thing than I do when you say, "Science."


* Sheldon: Leonard? Leonard? Leonard?
   Leonard: Sheldon, it's 2:00 in the morning.
   Sheldon: Why is everybody keep telling me what time it is?
   Leonard: Everybody?
   Sheldon: You, the president of the university, his wife, their sullen teenage daughter. That entire family is fascinated by what time it is and whether people know it...


* Howard: So you guys are seriously considering this?
   Leonard: Yes.
   Howard: And you think you can put up with Sheldon?
   Raj: Well, I'm a Hindu. My religion teaches that if we suffer in this life we are rewarded in the next. Three months at the North Pole with Sheldon, and I'm reborn as a well-hung billionaire with wings!



* Sheldon: I need access to the Cheesecake Factory's walk-in freezer. ... This is to train for a three-month expedition to the magnetic North Pole.
   Penny: What?!
   Sheldon: I don't know how that sentence could possibly confuse you... but to elaborate, I'm going to the Arctic Circle with Leonard, Wolowitz and Koothrappali.
   Penny: You're all going?
   Sheldon: Yes.
   Penny: For three months?
   Sheldon: Yes.
   Penny: Excuse me.
   Sheldon: Is that a yes or a no on the freezer?


* Leonard: I don't think I can go to the North Pole.
   Sheldon: Okay, Leonard, I know you're concerned about disappointing me but I want you to take comfort from the knowledge that my expectations of you are very low.
   Leonard: Yeah, that's very comforting.
   Sheldon: Comforting is a part of leadership. It's not a part I care for, but such is my burden.
   Leonard: Terrific, it's just that I don't think Penny wants me to go.
   Sheldon: Assuming that's a valid reason not to go, which it isn't, how do you know this? Did she say it?
   Leonard: Not exactly. But she said she was gonna miss me...
   Sheldon: Let me see if I understand this correctly. Her missing you is an emotional state you find desirable?
   Leonard: Yes, obviously.
   Sheldon: All right. Well, given that missing you is predicated on you leaving, logic dictates you must leave.


* Leonard: What does this mean?
   Penny: Wine, credit card and late night television are a bad combination.
   Leonard: All right, fine. What about that really long hug? What did that mean?
   Penny: That wasn't a long hug.
   Leonard: It was at least five Mississippis. A standard hug is two Mississippis tops.


--- Словарик:
restraint — сдержанность
sullen — угрюмый; замкнутый; сердитый


+ Еще quotes на Imdb.



Our whole universe
was in a hot, dense state
Then nearly 14 billion years
ago expansion started... Wait!
The Earth began to cool
The autotrophs began to drool,
Neanderthals developed tools
We built the Wall
We built the pyramids
Math, Science, History,
unraveling the mystery
That all started
with a Big Bang!



And this is the

End of Season 2

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий