11 окт. 2020 г.

Love with the Proper Stranger (1963)

Angela Rossini: My name's Angela. Can I talk to you a minute? I'm on my lunch hour. I've only got a minute.
Rocky Papasano: Sure, honey.
Angela Rossini: I'm gonna have a baby.
Rocky Papasano: Congratulations.

Angela Rossini: Don't worry. I'm not gonna cause you any trouble. All I want from you is a doctor... An address, you know?
Rocky Papasano: .... Now wait, look, you just don't walk in a place like this and uh...

Barbie: We are in love, aren't we? Really in love.
Rocky Papasano: Yeah... You with yourself... and me with myself.

Barbie: Wanna hear your horoscope?
Rocky Papasano: Today? 'Your stars in the wrong orbit, play it cool, lock yourself in the toilet and don't come out.'

Mama Rossini: In America everybody wants to do what they like. But, what do they like? They don't know what they like.

Angela Rossini: It's my own fault. Its my own fault. It's me. I'm a big girl, I'm making my own money. Who says I have to live here if I don't wanna live here? And I don't wanna live here. I'm gonna move out of this house tonight. This time I reaIly mean it.

Angela Rossini: That's what love is? Bells and banjos playing? How they brainwash you. And here I spend my whole life life like a nut, waiting for what? A stranger.
Rocky Papasano: Listen, it's possible.
Angela Rossini: Don't tell me you believe that.
Rocky Papasano: Well, it's a known chemical fact. Some people, you just have to look at them. It's kind of kicky. With other people, chopped liver.
Angela Rossini: That's true, but...

Rocky Papasano: That's what makes it rough. When they love you.

Angela Rossini: Well, it's a lovely day, isn't it?

Angela Rossini: Do you want to get married?
Rocky Papasano: I said I would, didn't I?
Angela Rossini: That's not what I asked you.
Rocky Papasano: Well, who wants to get married?
Angela Rossini: You mean, even though you don't wanna marry me... you're willing to do it anyway?
Rocky Papasano: Well... I'm just as much to blame as you are. More, it was my fault the whole thing and I'm willing to take my medicine.
Angela Rossini: That's really wonderful. And I'm the medicine, right?

Angela Rossini: I know this may come as a great big shock to the both of you... but underneath all this hair and skin is a human girl. With all the regular things going for me. And, believe it or not, I don't wanna spend the rest of my life married to a man who's doing me a big favor.

Angela Rossini: Look... I appreciate what you're willing to do. I mean that. I really mean it. But as long as you feel like being married is being in jail then you wouldn't be happy, right? So, if you're not happy, then you take it out on me. And then I'm not happy. And if you're not happy, and I'm not happy, then the baby's not happy. So, who needs a whole house full of unhappy people?

Angela Rossini: Actually. I mean, I don't think that love is something that you... fall into. Like a hole in the ground.

Mrs. Columbo: She's not a bad-looking girl. But she's so clumsy...

Angela Rossini: What would you like to drink?
Rocky Papasano: Scotch, I don't know. What do you got?
Angela Rossini: Scotch, gin, bourbon, vodka...
Rocky Papasano: What are you, on the sauce now? I thought you didn't drink.
Angela Rossini: I don't.
Rocky Papasano: What are you running here? The USO?
Angela Rossini: Would you like a drink?
Rocky Papasano: Thank you.
Angela Rossini: Scotch?
Rocky Papasano: Thank you.
Angela Rossini: Water, soda or tonic?
Rocky Papasano: Scotch and tonic?..
Angela Rossini: Uh, very good.
Rocky Papasano: Zelda... Gin and tonic, yes. Vodka and tonic, yes. Scotch and tonic, no. Water.
Angela Rossini: Thank you.
Rocky Papasano: You gotta know these things if you're gonna run a respectabIe den of inequity.
Angela Rossini: Well, I'll learn in my own little way.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий