29 окт. 2020 г.

Lisbon

The Crown 2×3


Queen Elizabeth II: ... Or there's a serious problem, and you've been called in to help.
Tommy Lascelles: Yep. Just a routine matter with Colonel Adeane, ma'am.
Queen Elizabeth II: It's hardly routine if he sent one of the royal cars.
Tommy Lascelles: Well, in actual fact, that's my car.
Queen Elizabeth II: We gave you a car?
Tommy Lascelles: You did, ma'am. As part of the farewell package.
Queen Elizabeth II: Not the driver too, surely?
Tommy Lascelles: The driver too.
Queen Elizabeth II: Was that me?
Tommy Lascelles: I believe so.
Queen Elizabeth II: Well, you've always held a very special place in all of our hearts, Tommy. Anyway, I must go.

Queen Elizabeth II: To do nothing is often the best course of action... but I know from personal experience how frustrating it can be. History was not made by those who did nothing. So, I suppose it's only natural that ambitious men, driven men... want to go down in history.
Anthony Eden: Or make history by going down...

Michael Adeane: ... And that while, of course, there is no suggestion whatsoever of any impropriety on the part of His Royal Highness, the Duke of Edinburgh, we should perhaps be bracing ourselves for one or two irritating headlines.

Queen Elizabeth II: One always has to accept one's own part, I believe... in any mess. Prime Minister.

Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: You've worked for me for long enough. You know the rules. Who we are. How it works. There is no room for mistakes. There is no room for scandal. There is no room for humanity.

Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: All right. Who goes first? Stupid question. If I've learned one thing by now, it's that I go second.

Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: My complaining?
Queen Elizabeth II: It's incessant. Whining and whingeing like a child.
Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Are you surprised? The way those god-awful mustaches that run the palace continue to infantilize me.
Queen Elizabeth II: If you weren't behaving like an infant...

Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Giving me lists, instructions. "Do this, don't do that, wear this, don't wear that, say this, not that." Can you imagine anything more humiliating?
Queen Elizabeth II: Yes. As a matter of fact, I can. I've learned more about humiliation in the past few weeks than I hoped I would in a lifetime.

Queen Elizabeth II: You will earn their respect with your behavior.
Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: No. No. No. I will earn their respect with the only thing those creatures understand, a gesture, a statement. Something irrefutable that shuts them up and commands their respect. Right now, I am currently outranked by my eight-year-old son!
Queen Elizabeth II: Well, yes, of course. He's the heir to the throne.
Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: ..... I am his father, Elizabeth.

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: She wants more children.
Mike Parker: Ouch!
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: I told her the last thing the world needs is more royal mouths to feed. She said, "You should think of it as a second act." Of what? A Greek tragedy?
Mike Parker: Of her life as a mother. That makes sense, from her perspective.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Hmm. Charles isn't a child to her, is he?
Mike Parker: He's also the Crown. A living embodiment of who will replace her. Supersede her. Loving a child who, through no fault of his own, represents your own death can't be easy.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий