28 окт. 2020 г.

A Company of Men

The Crown 2×2


Meryn Lewis: Do you mind me asking, on what grounds?
Eileen Parker: The fact I never see him.
Meryn Lewis: Absence isn't a legal ground for divorce.
Eileen Parker: Neglect?
Meryn Lewis: Nor that, I'm afraid. You're going to need one of the big three: Adultery, unreasonable behavior or insanity.

Queen Elizabeth II: Well, I suppose one can always reach you at short notice... It's a point I always make to my private secretaries. Yes, I'm away, but Windsor really is just round the corner. And Norfolk, too. County Durham, isn't it? Your family home.
Anthony Eden: Jamaica, ma'am.
Queen Elizabeth II: Your family home?
Anthony Eden: Where the doctor felt I should be going.
Queen Elizabeth II: He specified Jamaica?
Anthony Eden: He specified sunshine, tropical sunshine. He said he felt my life might depend on it.
Queen Elizabeth II: What would he prescribe for the rest of us... do you imagine?

Michael Adeane: I'm going to ask you to go through it again.
Martin Charteris: Yes. The provenance of this rumor is quite arcane.
Michael Adeane: Your sister...
Martin Charteris: Sister-in-law.
Michael Adeane: Had lunch with her aunt, who had just spent the weekend at...
Martin Charteris: Cholmondeley Castle.
Michael Adeane: At which, one of the other guests was the bridge partner...
Martin Charteris: Tennis.
Michael Adeane: Of the solicitor visited by Eileen Parker.
Martin Charteris: I think that's it.
Michael Adeane: That's half Britain already.

Helen King: I think people have a right to know about their leaders, don't you? Especially ones that can't be thrown out with free and fair elections.

Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: Don't ever let my vanity get the better of me again.

Vice-Admiral Conolly Abel Smith: Sir, my decision as Flag Officer is no.
Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: And my decision as Admiral of the Fleet is that we do.

Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: I have never abused my privileges, and I don't intend to start now, but this is the Royal Yacht. I am on it representing the Crown, and I say turn it around and take this man home.

Philip, Duke of Edinburgh: It's a fine life on board a ship... but it can be a solitary one. We are men together... but we each stand alone.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий