11 окт. 2020 г.

Julie & Julia (2009)

Julie Powell: You know what I love about cooking?.. I love that after a day when nothing is sure, and when I say "nothing" I mean nothing, you can come home and absolutely know that if you add egg yolks to chocolate and sugar and milk, it will get thick. It's such a comfort.

Julie Powell: What would I write a blog about?.. You're an editor, tell me.
Eric Powell: Why don't you write about how much you love Queens?
Julie Powell: A short blog.

Julie Powell: I'm just saying, a deadline would be good.
Eric Powell: So a deadline. "I love deadlines. I love the sound they make as they go whooshing past." Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Julie Powell: The Challenge, 365 days, 524 recipes. The Contender, Julie Powell. Government employee by day, renegade foodie by night. Risking her marriage, her job, and her cat's well-being, she has signed on for a deranged assignment. How far it will go, no one can say...

Julie Powell: Let me say this. Is there anything better than butter? Think it over. Every time you taste something that's delicious beyond imagining, and you say, "What is in this?" The answer is always going to be "butter."

Julie Powell: It's incredible. It's been whisked into submission, that's why. The day there's a meteorite heading toward the earth and we have 30 days to live, I am going to spend it eating butter. Here's my final word on the subject. You can never have too much butter.

Madame Brassart: Madame Child, I must tell you, you have no real talent for cooking. But the Americans will never know the difference.

Simone Beck: Perfection! And even if it isn't, never apologize. No excuses! No explanations.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий