17 июл. 2022 г.

Superman (1978)

Lara: But why Earth, Jor-El? They're primitives thousands of years behind us.
Jor-El: He will need that advantage to survive. Their atmosphere will sustain him. He will defy their gravity. He will look like one of them.
Lara: He won't be one of them.
Jor-El: No. His dense molecular structure will make him strong.
Lara: He'll be odd. Different.
Jor-El: He'll be fast. Virtually invulnerable.
Lara: Isolated, alone.
Jor-El: He will not be alone. He will never be alone.

Young Lois Lane: Golly, I saw a boy out there run as fast as the train! Faster even!
Ella Lane: Lois Lane, you have a writer's gift for invention. I'll say that for you.
Lois Lane: But... But...
General Sam Lane: Lois, please read your book.
Lois Lane: No one ever believes me.

Martha Kent: Remember us, son. Always remember us.

Jor-El: The knowledge that I have... matters physical and historic... ... These are important matters, to be sure, but still matters of mere fact. There are questions to be asked. And it is time for you to do so.
     Here in this... This Fortress of Solitude... we shall try to find the answers together.
     How does a good man live? What is virtue? When does a man's obligation to those around him exceed his obligation to himself?
     And these are not simple questions.

Jor-El: So, my son... speak.
Clark Kent: Who am I?
Jor-El: Your name is Kal-El. You are the only survivor of the planet Krypton. Even though you've been raised as a human being... you are not one of them. You have great powers... only some of which you have as yet discovered.

Jor-El: It is now time for you to rejoin your new world... and to serve its collective humanity.
     Live as one of them, Kal-El... to discover where your strength and your power are needed. Always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage. They can be a great people, Kal-El. They wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way.
     For this reason above all, their capacity for good... I have sent them you... my only son.

Mr. White: Lois, why don't you take Kent out to meet everybody, huh? Just introduce him around. He's starting with the paper today. I'm giving him the city beat.
Lois Lane: Chief, that's my beat!
Mr. White: Lois, Clark Kent may seem like just a mild-mannered reporter, but listen... not only does he know how to treat his editor in chief with respect... not only does he have a snappy, punchy prose style... but he is, in my 40 years in this business, the fastest typist I've seen.

Lois Lane: Swell?
Clark Kent: Yeah.
Lois Lane: You know, Clark, there are very few people left in the world... who feel comfortable saying that word.
Clark Kent: What word?
Lois Lane: "Swell."
Clark Kent: Really? I always thought it was kind of natural.

Clark Kent: Just a minute, mister. I realize of course that times are tough for some these days... but this isn't the answer. You can't solve society's problems with a gun.

Eve Teschmacher: Lex, what is this obsession with real estate? All the time, "land, land, land."
Lex Luthor: Miss Teschmacher, when I was 6 years old, my father said to me...
Miss Teschmacher: "Get out."
Lex Luthor: Before that. He said, "Son, stocks may rise and fall. Utilities and transportation systems may collapse. People are no damn good. But they will always need land... and they'll pay through the nose to get it." "Remember," my father said...
- Land!
Lex Luthor: Right.

Eve Teschmacher: Ugh. Lex, you're sick. You are really sick. You would take a diaper pin to cut a baby's throat. You'd fix the brakes on your own grandmother's wheelchair. I don't know, just explain one thing to me, Lex. Why do I love you so much?
Lex Luthor: Because life with me is never dull.
Eve Teschmacher: No, it's never dull, Lex... because you are the pits. You're really the pits.

Superman: Easy, miss. I've got you.
Lois Lane: You... You've got me? Who's got you?

Lois Lane: Who are you?
Superman: A friend.

Jor-El: You are revealed to the world. Very well. So be it. But you still must keep your secret identity.
Kal-El: Why?
Jor-El: The reasons are two. First, you cannot serve humanity 28 hours a day.
Kal-El: 24.
Jor-El: Or 24... as it is in Earth time. Your help would be called for endlessly. Even for those tasks which human beings could solve themselves. It is their habit to abuse their resources in such a way.
Kal-El: And secondly?
Jor-El: Second, your enemies will discover... their only way to hurt you: By hurting the people you care for.

Jor-El: Lastly... do not punish yourself for your feelings of vanity. Simply learn to control them. It is an affliction common to all, even on Krypton. Our destruction could have been avoided but for the vanity of some... who consider us indestructible. Were it not for vanity, why... at this very moment... I could embrace you in my arms... my son.

Lois Lane: What a super man... Superman!

Clark Kent: Lois... there's something I have to tell you. I'm really... I mean, I was, at first, really nervous about tonight. But then I decided, well, darn it, I was gonna show you the time of your life.
Lois Lane: That's Clark, nice.
Clark Kent: I was thinking maybe we could go for a hamburger.

Lex Luthor: Do you know why the number 200 is so vitally descriptive... to both you and me? It's your weight and my IQ.

Lex Luthor: Doesn't it give you kind of... a shudder of electricity through you to be in the same room with me?

Lex Luthor: You were great in your day, Superman. But it just stands to reason... when it came time to cash in your chips... this old, diseased maniac... would be your banker. Mind over muscle.

General: Someone's trying to destroy Metropolis.
Lieutenant: Uh, actually sir, it looks like it's headed for New Jersey.
Admiral: Jersey? What the hell's in New Jersey?


+++ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий