25 июл. 2022 г.

Goodbye Christopher Robin (2017)

Daphne Milne: Come on. You're the man. Take the lead.

Alan Milne: Where to start? A few years ago in Sarajevo, one Archduke was shot. And the next thing we know, ten million non-archdukes are shot. And for what?... What a jolly little farce. But I know that the final curtain... is surely coming for archdukes and top hats and the like... and for all the other fools... who led ordinary decent folk to the slaughter. So, what can one say but... Tinketty Tonk.
— Tinketty Tonk.

Daphne Milne: You know, if you don't think about a thing, then it ceases to exist. It's true. I read about it. It's all in Plato. It's called philosophy.

Daphne Milne: He's a boy. He'll grow up. He'll put on a uniform and he'll go off to war. And I will be waiting again like I waited for you. Never knowing.
Alan Milne: You listen to me. I just fought in the War to End All Wars. There won't be another one.
Daphne Milne: I couldn't stand to love someone who was going away again, Blue. Not like that.

Alan Milne: Bees... I completely forgot about bees. And honey. I forgot about honey.

Daphne Milne: You said you were bringing us here to write something. So write something! You are a writer who doesn't write!
Alan Milne: I'm thinking...
Daphne Milne: Well, let's hear your great thoughts.
Alan Milne: I'm thinking about where we go next.
Daphne Milne: London!
Alan Milne: No, not us. England.

Alan Milne: Where does England go next? The country is wounded, Daph. It's lost men, yes. But it's lost more than that. We need a sense of purpose. Don't you see? The nations of the world, they got together and banned slavery. What if we did the same with war? What if we all, all nations, got together and decided... that when there was a conflict, when there was a dispute, war was no way to settle it. War would go the way of the slave trade.

Daphne Milne: ...do you know what writing a book against war is like?
Alan Milne: No. Tell me.
Daphne Milne: It's like writing a book against Wednesdays. Wednesdays, Blue, are a fact of life... and if you don't like them, you could stay in bed but you can't stop them... because Wednesdays are coming and if today isn't actually a Wednesday it soon will be.

Alan Milne: You're going away?
Olive: I thought Mrs. Milne had said...
Alan Milne: Mrs. Milne is always saying things. I don't expect them to happen.

Christopher Robin: Mummy says they have to have names.
Alan Milne: Well, the tiger should be called Tiger.
Christopher Robin: Tigger is better than Tiger.
Alan Milne: Better how?
Christopher Robin: It's more tiggerish.
Alan Milne: Hmm... Fair enough.

Christopher Robin: Well, what's his name?
Alan Milne: He doesn't have a name. He's wild.
Christopher Robin: But I want to call him to me.
Alan Milne: You should call him Pooh, then. So if he ignores you, you can pretend you were just saying, "Pooh."

Alan Milne: The creatures in the story are toys. They're toys but the woods are real... And the size is wrong. The bear should be smaller. Size of a little brother.

Ernest: Blue, are we writing a book? I thought we were just having fun.
Alan Milne: We are writing a book and we're having fun.
Ernest: I didn't know you could do both at the same time. You don't usually look like you're having fun while you're writing.

Alan Milne: Ernest and I are putting your bear in a book.
Christopher Robin: He'll like that.
Alan Milne: We're putting you in it too. Will you like that?
Christopher Robin: I'm not sure. If I'm in a book, people might think I'm not real.
Alan Milne: Well, then it will be a surprise when they find out you are real.
Christopher Robin: And when they find out Winnie is real?
Ernest: We can't call him Winnie in the book, because Winnie is a girl's name.
Christopher Robin: No. It's a bear's name. It's different for bears. Nou says.

Alan Milne: Winnie the Pooh is a creature of bedtime. He's either just got up or just going off. He's reverie in bear form... Winnie the Pooh.
Ernest: That's rather...
Alan Milne: Inexplicable?
Ernest: Yes.

Christopher Robin: Why does everyone like Winnie the Pooh so much? He's my bear. Why don't they get their own bears?
Alan Milne: Well... You see, after the war there was so much sadness... that hardly anyone could remember what happiness was like. Then Winnie the Pooh came along and he was like a tap. You just turned it on and happiness came out.

Olive: A person should do the things a person loves with the people a person loves... because you never know what happens next.

Olive: Once upon a time, there was a nanny... who looked after a little boy. A very special little boy. She loved him so much... that she carried him in her heart... and in her prayers. And she hoped and prayed... and prayed and hoped that he would always remember... me.

Alan Milne: I'm sorry you paid the price for it. If I'd known, perhaps I...
Christopher Robin: What? Not written it? No. You reminded people what happiness was... what childhood could be when everything else was broken.
Alan Milne: But your own childhood...
Christopher Robin: ...was wonderful. It was growing up that was hard.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий