22 июл. 2022 г.

Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022)

Evelyn: You know, he doesn't have to stay.
Joy: Who's he?
Evelyn: Becky.
Joy: Becky's a she.
Evelyn: You know me. I always mix up 'he', 'she'. In Chinese, just one word - 'ta' - so easy. And the way you two are dressed, I'm sure I'm not the only one calling him 'he'. I mean her 'him'. Ugh!

Evelyn: Joy, wait! Please! I have something to say to you!
Joy: What?!
Evelyn: You... you have to try and eat healthier. You are getting fat.

Alpha Waymond: I know you have a lot of things on your mind, but nothing could possibly matter more than this conversation we are having right now concerning the fate of every single world of our infinite multiverse.

Alpha Waymond: I'm not the Waymond who wants to divorce you. I'm the Waymond who is saving your life. Now, you can either come with me and live up to your ultimate potential or lie here and live with the consequences.
Evelyn: I want to lie here.

Evelyn: So let her destroy the other bubbles. You said there are so many of them. Maybe it's OK if we lose some, but just leave me out of it.
Alpha Waymond: It's not so simple. She's been building something. We thought it was some sort of black hole. But it appears to consume more than just light and matter. We don't know exactly what it is. We don't know what it's for. But we can all feel it. You've been feeling it too, haven't you?... Something is off. Your clothes never wear as well the next day. Your hair never falls in quite the same way. Even your coffee tastes... wrong. Our institutions are crumbling. Nobody trusts their neighbour anymore. And you stay up at night wondering to yourself...
Evelyn: How can we get back?

Alpha Waymond: Paper cuts only happen when you aren't trying.

Evelyn: Oh, my God. You... You're Juju Toobootie.

Alpha Waymond: Where did she jump?
Alpha RV Officer: Um, she's off the damn map...
Alpha RV Officer: She appears to be in a universe where everyone has... hot dogs instead of fingers. ...
Alpha RV Officer: An evolutionary branch in the anatomy of the human race?

Jobu Tupaki: I got bored one day and I put everything on a bagel. Everything. All my hopes and dreams, my old report cards, every breed of dog, every last personal ad on craigslist. Sesame. Poppy seed. Salt. And it collapsed in on itself. 'Cause, you see, when you really put everything on a bagel, it becomes this.

Evelyn: The truth. What is the truth?
Jobu Tupaki: Nothing... matters. ... Feels nice, doesn't it? If nothing matters... then all the pain and guilt you feel for making nothing of your life... it goes away.

Evelyn: Did you see her dance that man to death?

Jobu Tupaki: You see it all, don't you? You can see how everything... is just a random rearrangement of particles in a vibrating superposition.

Evelyn: Happy New Year! Another year, hmm? Pretending we know what we're doing, but, really, we're just going around in circles. Doing laundry and taxes, and laundry and taxes.

Jobu Tupaki: Not a single moment will go by without every other universe screaming for your attention. Never fully there. Just a lifetime of... Fractured moments. Contradictions and confusion... With only a few specks of time where anything actually makes any sense.

Evelyn: How? That's impossible.
Jobu Tupaki: It's just a statistical inevitability. It's nothing special.

Waymond: Can we... can we just stop fighting? I know you are all fighting because you're scared and confused. I'm confused too. All day... I don't know what the heck is going on. But somehow... this feels like it's all my fault. I don't know. The only thing I do know... is that we have to be kind. Please. Be kind... especially when we don't know what's going on.

Evelyn: Wait... You are getting fat. And you never call me even though we have a family plan. And it's free. You only visit when you need something. And you got a tattoo and I don't care if it's supposed to represent our family. You know I hate tattoos. And of all the places I could be, why would I want to be here with you?.. Yes, you're right. It doesn't make sense...
     Maybe it's like you said. Maybe there is something out there, some new discovery that will make us feel like even smaller pieces of shit. Something that explains why you still went looking for me through all of this noise. And why, no matter what, I still want to be here with you. I will always... always... want to be here with you.
Joy: So what? You... You're just gonna ignore everything else? You could be anything, anywhere. Why not go somewhere where your... where your daughter is more than just... this? Here, all we get are a few specks of time where any of this actually makes any sense.
Evelyn: Then I will cherish these few specks of time.


++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Σ Александр Шебанов: ВСЁ ВЕЗДЕ И СРАЗУ | мультивселенная здорового человека

Σ The Critical Drinker: The Drinker Recommends... Everything Everywhere All At Once

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий