27 янв. 2009 г.

Удивительный случай Бенджамина Баттона

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)

Benjamin Button Brad Pitt* Benjamin: What if I told you that I wasn't getting older, but I was getting younger than everybody else.
   Queenie: Well, I'd feel sorry for you. To have to see everybody you love die before you do. It's an awful responsibility.
   Benjamin: I've never thought about life or death that way before.
   Queenie: We're meant to lose the people we love. How else would we know how important they are to us.

* Benjamin: Our lives are defined by opportunities. Even the ones we miss.

* Captain Mike, Benjamin: You could be mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You can swear and curse the fates... But when it comes to the end... you have to let go.

* — Did I ever tell you I've been struck by lightning 7 times?



* Benjamin: Some days I feel different than the day before.
   Queenie: Everybody feels different about themselves one way or another. But we're all goin' the same way. Just taking different roads to get there, that's all.

Benjamin Button Brad Pitt Daisy Fuller Cate Blanchett* Benjamin: You were all alone?
   Ngunda Oti: Plenty of time you'd be alone. When you're different like us, it's gonna be that way. But I tell you a little secret. Fat people, skinny people, tall people, white people... they're just as alone as we are. But they are scared shitless.

* Mrs Lawson, or Mrs Hartford, or maybe Maple: It's not about how well you play, it's how you feel about what you're playing. Try this. You cannot help but put yourself into the music.

* Thomas Button: I enjoyed talking to you.
   Benjamin: I enjoyed drinking with you.

* Benjamin: It's a funny thing about coming home. Looks the same. Smells the same. Feels the same. [And] once ... you realize what's changed, is you.

* Daisy: Dance is all about the line. Line of your body. Sooner or later you lose that line, and you never get it back.

Daisy Fuller Cate Blanchett* Some people are born to sit by a river. Some get struck by lightning. Some have an ear for music. Some are artists. Some swim. Some know buttons. Some know Shakespeare. Some are mothers. And some people... dance.

* Benjamin: For what it's worth, it's never to late, to be whoever you want to be. There is no time limit, start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

+++ Питт, Бланшетт, оператор, гримёр. О, да.


Imdb: 8.4/10 (~44,000 голосов по состоянию на 27/1/09; 92-ое место в Тор250; О, да).
Вики и Wiki об этом.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий