2 окт. 2023 г.

Where the Waters Meet

Outlander 7×6


Captain Richardson: How do you think wars are won, Lieutenant?
William Ransom: With victory on the battlefield, sir.
Captain Richardson: Without a doubt. But how do commanders know where that battlefield will be? How do they know the size and strength of their opponent? What their opponent's weaknesses are, how to exploit those weaknesses... Intelligence. And my many years of experience have taught me that the best intelligence comes from men the enemy trusts.
William Ransom: So those men are spies.
Captain Richardson: Eyes and ears for the British cause.

Captain Richardson: Do you know what else my years of experience have taught me, Lieutenant?
William Ransom: No, sir.
Captain Richardson: War is long. No doubt an opportunity for redemption will present itself.
William Ransom: I will be ready when it does, sir. You have my word.

Roger Mackenzie: That's as good a guess as any.
Brianna Mackenzie: Well, engineers prefer the term "working hypothesis."
Roger Mackenzie: It's as good a working hypothesis as any. I need this in my Hitchhiker's Guide to Time Travel.
Brianna Mackenzie: Wait a minute. That's what you're calling it? Like the BBC Radio comedy?
Roger Mackenzie: Not officially, but sometimes to myself, for fun.

Young Ian: Do you think the British Army will hang their prisoners?
Jamie Fraser: Aye. They dinna see them as prisoners of war. That would mean acknowledging the sovereignty of America. Instead, they see us as traitors to the crown.

Claire Fraser: May I ask, how did you know who I was?
Lieutenant Sandy Hammond: He said you'd be the curly-wig giving orders like a sergeant major.

Colonel Daniel Morgan: You do that a-purpose?
Jamie Fraser: Aye. I always shoot 'em through the eye. Best place if you dinna want to spoil the meat.

Claire Fraser: The Battle of Saratoga... Jamie, I don't remember much of the details, but this is a turning point for the American cause. The battle that draws the French into the war.
Jamie Fraser: Then you ken why I can't walk away.
Claire Fraser: I knew you wouldn't. But if you're going to fight, then I'm glad that you've accepted Colonel Morgan's offer.
Jamie Fraser: Aye? Why is that?
Claire Fraser: By their nature, snipers, that's what we call riflemen in the future, they fight from a distance. No soldier is safe, but the further you are from combat, the better.

Claire Fraser: I wonder, why is it that women don't make wars?
Jamie Fraser: You're not made for it, Sassenach.
Claire Fraser: You don't think women are just as capable as men at fighting for what they believe in?
Jamie Fraser: No. No, that's not what I mean. ... It's just that women take so much more wi' 'em when you go. When a man dies, it's only him. And one is much like another. Aye, a family needs a man to feed them, protect them. Any decent man can do it. A woman takes a life wi' her when she goes. A woman is possibility.
Claire Fraser: If you think one man is just like another, then I can't agree with you.

Jamie Fraser: I may be less afraid for myself, I'm more reluctant to kill young men who havena yet lived their lives.
Claire Fraser: Surely you're not going to assess the ages of those shooting at you.
Jamie Fraser: Difficult.
Claire Fraser: I sincerely hope you don't intend to let some whippersnapper kill you just because he hasn't lived a life as full as yours yet.
Jamie Fraser: No. I'll kill them. I'll just mind it more.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий